Let us dive into our key tips to avoid ingrown hairs and hyperpigmentation.
Proactive Skin Care
Ingrown hairs and hyperpigmentation can be challenging, but by taking a proactive approach, you can significantly reduce their occurrence. Here's what we suggest:
Pre-Waxing Prep & Tips
- Exfoliate Regularly: Use a gentle exfoliating scrub to remove dead skin cells, allowing your hair to break through the surface easily. Our favourite pick is the Beautifying Body Scrub, which not only exfoliates but also nourishes your skin, revealing its natural radiance.
- Timing Is Everything: Schedule your waxing appointments at the right intervals to avoid hair breakage and ingrown hairs. Typically, waxing every 4-6 weeks is ideal. Consistency is also key. The more you stick to a regular waxing routine, the better results you will get.
- Skip the Lotion: On the day of your waxing appointment avoid applying lotions or oils to your skin. This ensures there is no barrier between the wax and your hair.
- Keep it Clean: After your waxing session, keep your skin fresh and free from sweat and bacteria. Avoid hot showers, saunas, and strenuous workouts for at least 24 hours to let your skin breathe and thrive.
- Exfoliate, But Gently: Continue to exfoliate post-waxing, gently nurturing your skin. Use a soft-bristle brush or a washcloth to prevent irritation. The Merben Dry Brush is a gentle way to remove dead skin cells and also improve skin circulation.
- Hydrate and Soothe: Use a post-wax lotion that comforts and nourishes your skin, leaving it serene and calm. Opt for a product free from fragrances and harsh chemicals, allowing your skin to breathe.
- Hyperpigmentation Defense: Nurture your skin and defend against hyperpigmentation by incorporating a gentle, skin-brightening serum or moisturizer into your post-waxing skincare routine. Use products with ingredients such as vitamin C, niacinamide, or licorice root extract to even out your skin tone and reduce dark spots.
By following these pre-waxing preparation tips and post-waxing care guidelines, you'll be on a path toward smooth skin without ingrown hairs and hyperpigmentation.
If you have any additional questions, our Fuzzologists are happy to help at your next visit.
See you soon.